What is Instagram TV
Instagram TV, also known as IGTV, is the newest video addition to Instagram’s Platform and it’s great! You can now post longer videos and watch the content created by people that you follow all in one area of the app. This new application allows anyone with an Instagram profile to be a master of video content, including you! Let’s dive into the details.
Where to find IGTV
If you want to find the IGTV button, look up in the right-hand corner of the Home Page tab and you will see the little TV icon right next to your direct messages!
How to Use IGTV
Instagram has made this new function very simple to access and easy to use. As soon as you open the application, you will see a carousel of videos along the bottom of your screen where you can play, pause, fast-forward, rewind and skip any video you can touch. Anyone you follow can create and upload videos to their new channels and you should too! Here are some of the key features to keep in mind while creating a video for IGTV:
- You have to create a channel before you can upload videos (right-corner in IGTV)
- IGTV is made for mobile phones so full screen and vertical video is best – horizontal video will not render correctly
- You can upload videos up to 10 minutes. Some accounts have the capability to upload up to four hours
- You can edit and save videos as drafts before officially posting them
- You can adjust who is allowed to see your channel in your privacy settings
- You can also pin videos to your profile
Let’s Get Creative
Now that you have an understanding of how to use IGTV, now it’s time to get creative. We have listed a number of engaging ways to create content for customers, clients, patients, friends, and even family below:
- Start off with an introduction video – tell people about yourself or your business
- Daily reflection videos – accomplishments, challenges, or even goals for the day
- CUSTOMERS TESTIMONIALS – have your customers record themselves talking about your products or services and have them send you the video to post on IGTV
- Behind the scenes videos – take your followers on a tour of your dealership or medical facility
- Create an ongoing series that your followers can look forward to each week
So, what do you think about IGTV? Looks like YouTube might finally have some real competition!